boÂ·daÂ·cious (adj.) : remarkable; outstanding.
October 2nd, bring the the return of Two Blondes, A Brunette and Five Reds presented by Lori Draheim, Carol Rentz and Jill LaPanna. Our theme for this tasting is Big
Bodacious Blends Part II. This is a continuation of Part I which was a big hitâ€¦and these wines promise to be even more bodacious! I know; I tasted them all.
The wines to be featured are red blends made up of three or more grape varietals. Needless to say extensive “research” has gone into the selection of these wines. We will start with a serious Rhone Ranger blend from Santa Cruz, then enjoy a Chateauneuf du Pape with outstanding character, next we will taste a haunting, fruit forward
blend from California followed by a bright, focused GSM from Australia, our final wine is a complex blend that will evolve beautifully once set free from the confines of the bottle!
- 2001 Le Cigare Volant (California) – $39.99
- 2003 Pierre Usseglio & Fils Chateaneuf do Pape (France) – $29.99
- 2004 Phantom Bogle (California) – $14.99
- 2003 Rosemount GSM (Australia) – $33.99
- 2005 Orin Swift – The Prisoner (Napa, California) – $32.99
- Ariana Goat Gouda – $14.99
- Monteboissie Morbiere – $9.99